January 18, 2013
My latest Twilt is another felted project, “A Bird in the Hand…”. I am thoroughly enjoying my felting machine. I felted several different colors of scrunch painted silk into a felt background, added felt branches and curly green roving for leaves. This was my first bird and it wasn’t easy. After I mushed it a bit I decided to add embroidery and managed to save the poor little bird. I added some pearl cotton embroidery to the branches and some silk ribbon flowers. The piece is mounted with embroidery stitches to a strip quilted batik base. I am pleased with the results but I think I need some practice making birds.
January 6, 2013
Woo Hoo!! I just finished this quilt on consignment. I think it looks pretty nice. I used my pattern, Layers of Lavender. It’s a variation of the traditional Cathedral Window in that it is stitched with a diagonal grid and where there would be a singe curve there are two curves. That forms a chain design between the windows. It took 100 hours to make and will be sent off to it’s new owner next week.
January 1, 2013
A Happy New Year to Everyone, here’s wishing you all a fabulous 2013!